Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Style Musings

Style and all its different musings - that is where i am at this morning.  Now as you can see i had already prepared a post for today but then a couple of things happened that inspired me to put pen to paper (virtually speaking).  First thank you so much Ada at Classiq and Dont call me Fashion Blogger for including me in their style roundups for the recent fashion week madness - i was very flattered and i have to say i loved wearing that very large, very orange hat.  And then this happened, I came across this amazing shot on the Fashionist and it made me think.  I know, thinking on a Tuesday morning, bit of a dangerous thing but hey the little grey cells need an outing every now and then even if it is only to muse on the age old question of personal style ...


I have recently seen quite a few pictures of older women looking absolutely fabulous, the Sartorialist in particular often features ladies who are not the more commonly featured very young, very slim ubiquitous fashionistas that are favoured by popular culture and print.  And that is what i love about the rise of the streetstyle blog and particularly the streetstyle photographers who are bringing to the fore all sorts of style - it may not be your own or even your peers but it is interesting and it opens up your eye.  I look at these pictures and i want to know who they are, what their life entails and where they got all this fabulous inspiration from and that has nothing to do with age, budget, waistline or creed.  And that fascinates me, intriques me, opens up my eye and in the case of this lady makes me love my wrinkles and the fact that time will pass by and should definitely be celebrated in an SJP skirt and a fierce pair of shoes and that is my fashion thought for the day, week and millenia xx


Image

No comments:

Post a Comment